Right, this year, I'm finally making an album!

RobJones
RobJones
@robjones
2 years ago
127 posts
Been saying that for quite a long time now. I easily have enough tracks to put something together, so just need to get organised, compile things together and make a plan! I'm feeling inspired by the Simon Shackleton method (so organised!!).

I'll update progress in this thread, to help me stick to deadlines (hopefully) and share how things are going, and any revelations I have along the way...

Wish me luck!
simon unsigned
simon unsigned
@simon-unsigned
2 years ago
101 posts
I'll be following this one with great interest - good luck! Is the Arab Trap track going on there? I've set myself a similar target but kind of the opposite; I want to release 4 separate tracks under 4 different aliases in 4 completely different styles - I bet you'll release your album before I finish my 4 tracks :-)
Latten7
Latten7
@latten7
2 years ago
21 posts
Yes. It seems we sit on material for whatever reasons.

I made a commitment to post tracks on my Soundcloud page regardless of how bad or incomplete the tracks may be.

For me, it's about getting in the habit of "just doing it."

One year from now it will be interesting to see the progress and evolution.

Hope to hear your music soon!

Cheers!
RobJones
RobJones
@robjones
2 years ago
127 posts
@latten7 Absolutely, just get it out there!

@simon-unsigned I'm sure you're gonna beat me with just 4 tracks... I'll race ya!
NigelB
NigelB
@nigel
2 years ago
22 posts
Have you thought about a producertech community album? Could be helpful for all our motivation?
JonnyRebel
JonnyRebel
@jonnyrebel
2 years ago
28 posts
Cool! I'm looking forward to hearing it :) Are you going to stream any making of bits? Might be cool for the community to see some of your process.
nufferzzz
@nufferzzz
2 years ago
30 posts
[quote="RobJones"]
Been saying that for quite a long time now. I easily have enough tracks to put something together, so just need to get organised, compile things together and make a plan! I'm feeling inspired by the Simon Shackleton method (so organised!!).

I'll update progress in this thread, to help me stick to deadlines (hopefully) and share how things are going, and any revelations I have along the way...

Wish me luck!
[/quote]

Excellent! Can't wait:)
smillington
@smillington
2 years ago
101 posts
Looking forwards to the album Rob - are you going to focus on one style, or mix it up?

My personal target was 12 tracks in total (am massively behind schedule - my first took me 3 months and made good progress with my 2nd (using the arrangement 303 challenge to write a DnB track). However, I have paused with the 303 track, because I want to get something for this remix competition.

Finding every track a challenge and every time I think I'm honing my workflow I get inspired and go in a totally different direction - thanks Producertech!

@Latten - I did the same definitely the way to go
betterledproductions
@betterledproductions
2 years ago
47 posts
[quote="RobJones"]

Wish me luck!
[/quote]

DOOOO EEEEEEEET..... DOOOO EEEEEEETTTTTTTT!!!!!!!
And do it better than me please, so I may learn from it.
I think 5 people have listened to my album.... (DJ SPeare)

I went ASCAP, not BMI because they made it easier in the US. Not sure what other options you have access to in the UK that are a better choice.
Also... since you already have a business and a business license... use it. Register your business as the publisher. But, you probably already know all this... You've been in this for a while.
SamuelClouston
SamuelClouston
@samuelclouston
2 years ago
228 posts
Give us the BEATS!!!!!!!!!

Tags

Dislike 0