First Track - looking for feedback!

manixdj
@manixdj
2 years ago
36 posts
The main aim with this was to FINISH the track, so Mission Accomplished (pun 100% intended!). This is my attempt at a fairly simple venture in to a progressive, slightly uplifting, but big drop vibe. I like my tracks with those elements and especially tracks that drive and build up. Let me know what you think, all feedback welcome. The mastering has made my kick sound a bit weird, something that was not present in the mix down so any tips on that front would be good. Many thanks in advance and this is literally my first track so be gentle! :)

https://soundcloud.com/manix_dj/earthrise/s-EDsijoDoDvp?si=97c41f0f2a0742d08607b3039fd1ee35&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing
SamuelClouston
SamuelClouston
@samuelclouston
2 years ago
219 posts
I really like that actually! Incredibly impressive for a first track too! Great production and ideas.
simon unsigned
simon unsigned
@simon-unsigned
2 years ago
101 posts
Well done for finishing! (what's your secret? :-))

I haven't listened to this on proper speakers/headphones yet, but I think the composition and arrangement is spot on for the genre/style of track you're going for.

Re the kick drum issue: It would be interesting to hear the unmastered mixdown before I listen to this one on proper speakers - any chance of uploading that on the forum/community site?
manixdj
@manixdj
2 years ago
36 posts

[quote="simon unsigned"] Well done for finishing! (what's your secret? :-)) I haven't listened to this on proper speakers/headphones yet, but I think the composition and arrangement is spot on for the genre/style of track you're going for. Re the kick drum issue: It would be interesting to hear the unmastered mixdown before I listen to this one on proper speakers - any chance of uploading that on the forum/community site? [/quote]

Thanks both for the feedback. The secret to finishing is really just to put the time in with the aim of finishing, even if it is not what you expect or want it to be, just finish the dam thing! That's the most valuable way to learn.....quantity over perceived quality....and with that the Quality grows because you are consistently learning and the habit to finish is formed! 

I think the kick issue was just me, I think it's actually ok and not really noticeable, perhaps I was so used to listening to the unmastered kick for so long in the process that any minute change I made massive!! 

Anyway, on with my second track now which is hopefully going to be a banging uplifting Trance tune, a nod to one of my favourites from the late 2000's! My favourite era for Trance! 

updated by @manixdj: 11/24/22 10:05:33PM

Tags

Dislike 0