My 4th Track - The Drop

manixdj
@manixdj
last year
48 posts

Hi all

Hope everyone is good. 

Just sharing my latest track. Quite pleased with how it turned out but always have that self-doubt as a producer just starting out! Pleased I am learning new skills whilst finishing tracks though! 

let me know what you think.

Thanks all! 

https://on.soundcloud.com/ptvH1ic3wdBgaF4A8

RobJones
RobJones
@robjones
last year
129 posts

Hands in the air happy-5

Production is pretty tight. The synths are huge! Maybe almost too huge compared to the beats though, although that's a personal preference probably.

The arrangement is very well done. Some of the harmonies are a little dissonant - mainly the lead in the breakdown (coming in at 1.54 and 4.19) playing the chromatic intervals (around the 7th and 2nd degrees of the scale) - if it's intentional then no worries, but it sounds a bit too tense to me, certainly for the style - consider a different note or not holding the suspension for quite as long, so resolving a bit quicker.

You should certainly be proud of the production overall though - it's very well put together happy-9

manixdj
@manixdj
last year
48 posts

[quote="RobJones"]

Hands in the air happy-5

Production is pretty tight. The synths are huge! Maybe almost too huge compared to the beats though, although that's a personal preference probably.

The arrangement is very well done. Some of the harmonies are a little dissonant - mainly the lead in the breakdown (coming in at 1.54 and 4.19) playing the chromatic intervals (around the 7th and 2nd degrees of the scale) - if it's intentional then no worries, but it sounds a bit too tense to me, certainly for the style - consider a different note or not holding the suspension for quite as long, so resolving a bit quicker.

You should certainly be proud of the production overall though - it's very well put together happy-9

[/quote]

Thanks Rob, appreciate the detailed feedback, I'll certainly have a play around the areas you've mentioned. I'm definitely a 'huge synth' kind of person laughing, that tends to end up with them being the biggest element but definitely good to have fresh ears on the mix!

SamuelClouston
SamuelClouston
@samuelclouston
last year
265 posts

Hi Manix, paid attentiotn your last few tunes, really enjoyed them all. This one's another banger! Love the vocal eerieness. Haunting as you put it. Seems like each tune you make keeps improving -0 way to go!

manixdj
@manixdj
last year
48 posts

[quote="TamlinSpeaks"]

Hi Manix, paid attentiotn your last few tunes, really enjoyed them all. This one's another banger! Love the vocal eerieness. Haunting as you put it. Seems like each tune you make keeps improving -0 way to go!

[/quote]

Thanks Tamlin, glad you enjoyed them and thanks for noticing the progress. I'm going to keep at it even though it takes a while to get them over the line! Going to give your Garage number a spin now, will drop some feedback on the post :) 

SamuelClouston
SamuelClouston
@samuelclouston
last year
265 posts

Appreciate it - we can get a good little feedback/appraisal community going here

Tags

Dislike 0