Synth Sound Problems

manixdj
@manixdj
6 months ago
36 posts

Hi All,

Just refining my next track and there is something weird happening in my Retro Bass sound that I created in Hybrid using a preset. I have linked to the sample below. The issue I have is that there is a very obvious cut in and out at seemingly random points of the notes of high frequency content. It is most notable at -0:09. There is a lot of movement in this sound but there is a very obvious change and I don't like it! I have tweaked the Filter envelope as I thought it may be to do with that, and it is not velocity related as it is normally half way through a note, rather than the Attack or Decay portions......any guidance would be appreciated! I have also included a screen shot of the Synth interface. 

updated by @manixdj: 11/17/23 09:12:41PM
SamuelClouston
SamuelClouston
@samuelclouston
6 months ago
219 posts

Hi Manix

Tricky one! I suspect you're right in that it's something to do with the filter envelope - have you gone through all the FX panels - Hybrid has a looooot of buttons that I find can take a while to go through.

Perhaps Rob might know the answer?

manixdj
@manixdj
6 months ago
36 posts
Think I found the answer, it was an LFO that was linked to the filter and using a square wave to oscillate the filter, hence the reason for the on/off nature of the High Pass…..I think!! Seems to have cured it, though I am not 100% sure I fully understand how that works…so want to try and get my head around it for my own understanding. If I do, I will share!
SamuelClouston
SamuelClouston
@samuelclouston
6 months ago
219 posts

[quote="manixdj"] Think I found the answer, it was an LFO that was linked to the filter and using a square wave to oscillate the filter, hence the reason for the on/off nature of the High Pass…..I think!! Seems to have cured it, though I am not 100% sure I fully understand how that works…so want to try and get my head around it for my own understanding. If I do, I will share! [/quote]

Ah, glad you found the culprit. If it was Square LFO, that might explain why its so harsh - perhaps change the LFO shape to a sine, so its much smoother?

Tags

Dislike 0