THE BEST SYNTH I HAVE EVER... OMG.

betterledproductions
@betterledproductions
last year
47 posts

Okay... the is not a question, more a statement for a piece of software that I (in my fairly informed opinion) is the BEST MF-ing thing I have heard... like ever... from a VST3.

Cherry Audio emulated the CS-80 and the orginal CS 1? I believe, can't remember.... anyway... Arturia did this too... not as good. I was not impressed. But the Cherry Audio CX-80 may be the single best $60 VST you ever buy.  Ever.  Yes it's only 60 bucks. ONLY $60 to get the synth Hans Zimmer and Vangelis used (yes Chariots of Fire and BLADERUNNER... OMFG), and Stevie Wonder called it the "greatest synth ever" and just to point out... the THRILLER album (yes, MJ) had the CS-80 all through it. 

This is a valuable piece of history recreated to a great detail... that you can now use. Pair this with any modern VST's and VST3's and WOW... you will spend hours CREATING SOUNDS. This thing is SO good. You could just buy it to recreate BILLIE JEAN in perfect detail, or the moment when Rutger Hauer dies in BLADERUNNER... or you could create your own awesome sonic joy.

Or don't believe me. That's fine too. Be well. 

updated by @betterledproductions: 04/29/23 11:40:31PM
SamuelClouston
SamuelClouston
@samuelclouston
last year
212 posts

Wow I'll have to check this out- the arturia one sounds pretty damn good - what would you say the Cherry version improves on?

admin
admin
@ptmembership
last year
404 posts

GX-80 you mean right? (It's a hybrid of the GX-1 and CS-80) https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/4-Synth/10001-GX-80-Synthesizer

Cool to hear you rate it! Maybe we can sort it as the prize on an upcoming livestream...

betterledproductions
@betterledproductions
last year
47 posts

Yep, the GX-80!!! 

First, the Cherry version can take far more tuning and tweaking. I've only had a few software hiccups, and I've been pushing the possible layers.

Everything sounds... deeper, fuller, more level of detail. And the presets... they are like little flags that say "This is the scene in BladeRunner...," or a Tangerine Dream sound, or something to carry a torch with (Chariots of Fire)... or MJ's Thriller album. It's hours of "I KNOW that sound!" 

BUT, then you start soundcrafting... and your head explodes. This I get. Honestly I have issues with Massive X, and still have trouble with sound creation... it doesn't do what I want it to do because of my own limitations with the software (meaning Massive and X really). Patching actual cables through banks of processing was easier to me.

But Cherry's CX-80 is, for me, far easier to grasp. Plus, the sound is awesome... I mean it.

smillington
@smillington
11 months ago
99 posts

Thanks for the tip @betterledproductions I was looking for a synth emulator woth a hardware feel, so grabbed it. It's got some great presets and loads of them, so have not got further than that yet...

Tags

Dislike 0