For fans of the Wicker Man

SamuelClouston
SamuelClouston
@samuelclouston
2 weeks ago
219 posts

Not sure if anyone else in here is a wicker man nut like me, and have sadly let it shape your life a little too much (lol), but I recently sampled the soundtrack song 'lullaby' into a dreamy sort of ambient house track called 'Midsummer', and because of the original samples beautiful descending Dorian melody, it became a study in modes, and I tried to write as many interlocking polyphonic melodies to get a real dreamy feel. Let me know what you think!

https://soundcloud.com/tamlinspeaks/tamlin-midsummer-tape-version?si=abdcde9c523d4d259357d00bdb400556&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Also run through my friend's Reel to Reel tape machine for fun

UtobiaNZ
UtobiaNZ
@tobysmithnz
2 weeks ago
7 posts

man this is sick! warm glitched out and wonky. also checked out some of your jungle/breakbeat stuff - sooo good! big om unit / paradox vibes- loving it :D

SamuelClouston
SamuelClouston
@samuelclouston
6 days ago
219 posts

[quote="UtobiaNZ"]

man this is sick! warm glitched out and wonky. also checked out some of your jungle/breakbeat stuff - sooo good! big om unit / paradox vibes- loving it :D

[/quote]

Thank you! Glad you like it :D

And cheers, yeah I did a batch upload of unreleased stuff bc I wanted to get it out there - will upload more in here soon!

Petter
Petter
@petter
6 days ago
46 posts

Yup. Lovely!

smillington
@smillington
6 days ago
101 posts

Nice one @samuelClouton - absolutely smashed it as per usual!

Tags

Dislike 0