New dancey rave track

Petter
Petter
@petter
2 months ago
46 posts

Well, I'm no expert as you know ;) so I'll refrain from the professional feedback, but it sounds ... delicious.

Really, I want to drink that song. 

SamuelClouston
SamuelClouston
@samuelclouston
2 months ago
219 posts

[quote="Petter"]

Well, I'm no expert as you know ;) so I'll refrain from the professional feedback, but it sounds ... delicious.

Really, I want to drink that song. 

[/quote]Hey Petter - thanks so much - that's very kind. Big fan of the stuff you've posted in here recently. Keep it up!

smillington
@smillington
2 months ago
101 posts

Hey @SamuelClouston - As usual another banger from you!  Really nice arrangement and sound selection and the structure works well.  If I was going to throw some thoughts:
Drum levels are slightly inconsistent and at times the snare feels a little jarring.  Also it feels like some of the instruments and drums get in each others ways at certain times.  I'm loving the acid bass when it first comes in and then it just falls back and becomes a bass (losing the high end movement) - that feels like a shame, although its feels very welcome when it returns at the end.  
Saying that I wish I could produce something that sounded as polished as this.  Lovely track

Diode J
Diode J
@diode
2 months ago
6 posts

Nice drum machine, what is D16?

SamuelClouston
SamuelClouston
@samuelclouston
2 months ago
219 posts

[quote="smillington"]

Hey @SamuelClouston - As usual another banger from you!  Really nice arrangement and sound selection and the structure works well.  If I was going to throw some thoughts:
Drum levels are slightly inconsistent and at times the snare feels a little jarring.  Also it feels like some of the instruments and drums get in each others ways at certain times.  I'm loving the acid bass when it first comes in and then it just falls back and becomes a bass (losing the high end movement) - that feels like a shame, although its feels very welcome when it returns at the end.  
Saying that I wish I could produce something that sounded as polished as this.  Lovely track

[/quote]

Hi Smillington - that's super useful feedback, thank you. You're right, it was lacking a bit of precision, particularly with the bass. I'm going to switch it up and make the bass more acidy - definitely a good shout - same with the snares.

Tags

Dislike 0