House practice track

Petter
Petter
@petter
3 months ago
46 posts

Been working on a kind of house track last week and a half.

https://community.producertech.com/petter/uploaded_audio/403/give-it-all-youve-got

Rather basic arrangement and not so exciting vocals/melody, but main purposes has been:

1. Low-end work
2. Sound selection
3. General level balancing

Any constructive critique always welcome! :D

Best P.

SamuelClouston
SamuelClouston
@samuelclouston
3 months ago
219 posts

Hi Petter

Big fan of this - really well mixed actually. The drums are super well balanced and punchy - that's usually where most people slip up.

I'd say you've ticked all three of the critera you set yourself. The bass is very warm, and subby, but sits really nicely in the mix.

I wiuldn't say there's much wrong with this song at all - and a nice tune to top it off!

Petter
Petter
@petter
3 months ago
46 posts

Thanks mate!
Those are very kind words. I'm thinking I'm moving in the right direction at last! :D

admin
admin
@ptmembership
3 months ago
405 posts

Yeah, as Sam says, it's a nice track for sure. In terms of your criteria, you've absolutely done a good job. 

1. Low-end work

The bass levels are decent and none of them are fighting with each other. The Kick is strong and punchy and the bassline complements it well.

2. Sound selection

All sounds in the track are genre appropriate and fairly high quality. There's a good range of instruments and melodies and they meld together nicely. 

3. General level balancing

The drums are coming through very well and the vocal has a good presence. Melodic sounds are slotting in as you'd hope and filling out the mix without making it messy and cluttered. 

Nice work! You're definitely going in the right direction joyful-2

Petter
Petter
@petter
3 months ago
46 posts

Wow. Thanks! That's nice feedback.
Now I'm feeling some slight pressure for my next project though, to keep it up ... happy-8

UtobiaNZ
UtobiaNZ
@tobysmithnz
3 months ago
7 posts

really nice track man :)

Petter
Petter
@petter
3 months ago
46 posts

[quote="UtobiaNZ"]