Wavesfactory - Quantum

smillington
@smillington
9 months ago
99 posts

Hi folks - hope you are all enjoying the summer.  Was wondering if anyone has used Wavesfactory Quantum before.  Or am also interested in hearing any feedback on any of their other VSTs

There is a Pluginboutique sale which ends tomorrow (Ive already snapped up trackspacer which is 50% off!).  

SamuelClouston
SamuelClouston
@samuelclouston
9 months ago
212 posts

Haven't used quantum, but I do regularly use their plugins.

Particularly Aphex Exciter, SSL Compressor, C6 Multiband Compressor, KramerTape - they're all killer for mixing/mastering.

I also use th GTR amp stuff, the CLA guitars series and H-delay for guitar based stuff - all really good. I find waves sounds more classic and analogue than their competitors

Hope that helps

smillington
@smillington
9 months ago
99 posts

Hi @SamuelClouston - thanks for your tips.  I just had to double check on line to be 100% sure and can confirm that Waves and Wavesfactory are 2 separate companies.  I have to say, I love the SSL Compressor as well - and will look into the other's you mentioned.  I also appreciate the tip for guitars as I'm planning to use more guitars and wanted to work out how what effects to use.  
In respect to the Wavesfactory, the trackspacer VST has been recommended from multiple people previously in the community, I can't wait to try it - not an aficionado yet, but it looks like a great (and easy) tool to do multi-band compression.
The Quantum VST looks really interesting and I think @Seppa mentioned it in a stream recently (but can't remember) - either way, it looks like a really interesting tool..

SamuelClouston
SamuelClouston
@samuelclouston
8 months ago
212 posts

[quote="smillington"]

Hi @SamuelClouston - thanks for your tips.  I just had to double check on line to be 100% sure and can confirm that Waves and Wavesfactory are 2 separate companies.  I have to say, I love the SSL Compressor as well - and will look into the other's you mentioned.  I also appreciate the tip for guitars as I'm planning to use more guitars and wanted to work out how what effects to use.  
In respect to the Wavesfactory, the trackspacer VST has been recommended from multiple people previously in the community, I can't wait to try it - not an aficionado yet, but it looks like a great (and easy) tool to do multi-band compression.
The Quantum VST looks really interesting and I think @Seppa mentioned it in a stream recently (but can't remember) - either way, it looks like a really interesting tool..

[/quote]

Hi 

Great! Yes i forgot to say MaxxBass is also great, esepcially for bass guitar.

I had no idea Wavesfactory was a different company either! I just thought it was a subsidiary of Waves! The more you know... trackspacer is great! I have their cassette plugin - i'd say its the the best tascam emulator on the market.

Best of luck and post whatever you make so we can hear it!

Tags

Dislike 0