betterledproductions
@betterledproductions
last year
47 posts

Not that it matters, but I've been a Reaper guy for years. There are so many DAWs, and many of them do the same thing... but there is one exception. Pro Tools.

Pro Tools is a standard in most pro studios in my experience here in the US. Yes, I've used it professionally too, but I never bought it. It's so expensive... cost prohibitive in a way when you consider the other options available. But, there are certain functionalities and additional tools available within ProTools, some specific to mastering. Not to mention the advanced ATMOS and spatial audio tools for mixing/mastering in surround.  

Have any of you purchased ProTools in the last few years? Anyone know of a great way to get ProTools at a discount?

admin
admin
@ptmembership
last year
404 posts

No idea I'm afraid! Been a looong time since I used Pro Tools. I did start off producing with it funnily enough, but that was because I worked in some post production studios in London back in 2001!  Switched to Ableton in 2004 and never looked back!

betterledproductions
@betterledproductions
last year
47 posts

With some functionality... $500 ANNUALLY... can't even buy a program anymore, just rent. OMG I hate Avid and Adobe.

Tags

Dislike 0