Logic pro beginner question about track editing

Abhi
Abhi
@abhi
last year
7 posts

Hi guys,

Let's say I record a track, and after editing it looks like this with big gaps in between -

https://share.getcloudapp.com/E0uRg7lo

1)How do I club them all together and remove all the gaps in between, without manually dragging each section together?

2) How do I export every track individually as an mp3?

3) How do I export the whole track with every section included as an mp3? I tried to bounce but it exports only one section.

admin
admin
@ptmembership
last year
408 posts

Hi Abhi,

1. There's no function in Logic for automatically nudging or shunting audio regions to remove gaps in the timeline, like you have in video editing apps for example. You just need to drag them manually.

2. Go to the File menu and then Export and then All Tracks as Audio Files. There's also a keyboard shortcut for that (SHIFT + COMMAND + E). You can't export as mp3s though, only professional formats like WAV and AIFF. You'd need to convert to mp3 after in Music (iTunes) or some other way.

3. Same Export option in the File menu but then choose Selection as Audio File. Before choosing that you need to select the bit of the arrangement you want to export, by dragging over with the mouse, or with the marquee tool.

Hope this helps!

Tags

Dislike 0