SamuelClouston
SamuelClouston
@samuelclouston
last year
228 posts

I've heard lots of good things about a lot of saturation plugins - waves kramer tape, output thermal, ableton's stock saturation, saturn. I was wondering what experiences/knowledge others had and which one to go for for an intermediate producer?

HRVST
HRVST
@hrvst
last year
3 posts

Output Thermal, Ableton's Stock Saturator and Saturn are going to be All Around workhorses, they can do tape saturation, tube saturation, wavefolding, and a number of other types of saturation. Some (read Not Ableton's Saturator) allow really granular control and multiband saturation which can also be great for easily applying the saturation to just specific frequency bands. Hope this helps!

SamuelClouston
SamuelClouston
@samuelclouston
last year
228 posts

[quote="HRVST"]

Output Thermal, Ableton's Stock Saturator and Saturn are going to be All Around workhorses, they can do tape saturation, tube saturation, wavefolding, and a number of other types of saturation. Some (read Not Ableton's Saturator) allow really granular control and multiband saturation which can also be great for easily applying the saturation to just specific frequency bands. Hope this helps!

[/quote]

Hey, thanks for your detailed response. I've been using Ableton's for a while and i agree its great, just looking for something with a different sound. I think I;m gonna try Output Thermal and see how it goes. I've heard its particularly good for applying to drums.

Cheers again!

smillington
@smillington
last year
101 posts

Hi - there is a great free Saturation plug in from Softube.  I used to use it all the time.  Recently Ive been playing around with hardware EQ emulations and enjoying the saturation that they give with an EQ boost (such as SSL plugins)

SamuelClouston
SamuelClouston
@samuelclouston
last year
228 posts

[quote="smillington"]

Hi - there is a great free Saturation plug in from Softube.  I used to use it all the time.  Recently Ive been playing around with hardware EQ emulations and enjoying the saturation that they give with an EQ boost (such as SSL plugins)

[/quote]

Ahh yes! I actually got that for free a few years ago from somewhere - it's one of many plugins I havent got round to utilising properly yet... I'll give it a go, Thanks!

Tags

Dislike 0