Bonus Tutorial Content Requests

admin
admin
@ptmembership
2 months ago
405 posts

Hey y'all!

Don't forget if you have any areas you're struggling with or want to know more about, let us know here in the forum and we can try to provide some content for you... 

We're in the process of planning out a few new series for you, but happy to receive any requests too! 

Petter
Petter
@petter
2 months ago
46 posts

I don't know if any of these are covered already, still plugging through courses :)

- More on EDM / Future rave / Pop 
- Something on Synthwave would be cool, doing this for my main Succession project and I like it!
- Layering of sounds; bass, pads, leads, drums. This is hard!
- A Vital synth tutorial would be great too! 

smillington
@smillington
2 months ago
101 posts

Hi - Ive taken the plunge to live now, so trying to wrap my head around that at the moment.  Anything you could signpost me to would be appreciated, or I will equally keep my eyes peeled for any Ableton tips.

Also, @petter, did you check out Seppa's sub bass masterclass, there were some really good vital tips in that if I remember rightly.

Petter
Petter
@petter
2 months ago
46 posts

[quote="smillington"]

Also, @petter, did you check out Seppa's sub bass masterclass, there were some really good vital tips in that if I remember rightly.

[/quote]

I did! It's a great course. However, I was thinking a little bit more in depth and focused on Vital. There's a number of courses on other synths, and since Vital is a great option, and free, I thought it could be worthy of som love, that's all joyful-2

admin
admin
@ptmembership
2 months ago
405 posts

Some great suggestions thanks Petter!

Seppa's done a few courses with Vital actually. Did you check out the Advanced Guide to Synthesis

I'll try and address all those points in the upcoming bonus tutorials... happy-9

SamuelClouston
SamuelClouston
@samuelclouston
2 months ago
218 posts

Awesome - I'm excited to see these tutorials! Especially The future rave one...

Petter
Petter
@petter
2 months ago
46 posts

This is gonna be awesome! :D

I haven't done the advanced synthesis yet, but it's on my to do list.

BTW: Anything vocal tips/tricks/tidbits are also always welcome. I'm particularly struggling trying to find the right type, balance, levels of reverb/delays - not helping much it's apparently so different from genre to genre as well ... (?)

admin
admin
@ptmembership
2 months ago
405 posts

Just uploaded the first tutorial in a new Future Rave series, which ticks off quite a few of your requests already Petter. I think you'll enjoy this series!

By the way, Simon M, we have sooo many tutorials on Ableton, I wouldn't really know where to start! What areas would you like more help on? We're also about to start a brand new Ableton 12 course programme, beginners and advanced - hopefully side by side. Releases will be staggered throughout the year. In the meantime though, if there are any specific bits you're finding tricky, let us know and we can address them in bonus tuts and streams...

Petter
Petter
@petter
2 months ago
46 posts

Woohoo!! That was excellent stuff! :D

smillington
@smillington
one month ago
101 posts

Hi @Rob - Ive been looking through some of the ableton courses and so far I'm stepping back to basics and just trying to get my head around the basic controls.  Im a long way from running out of courses to do to be fair! 
Great to hear that you are going to be bringing out some Ableton 12 courses - sounds like just the job for me.  Im also loving the Ravey series as well.  Ive been thinking about a couple of areas where Im currently scratching my head:

Ableton:
- Suggestions for keyboard shortcuts and keeping a speedy workflow
- Any Ableton devices would be welcome, Im working through the archives as well
- Using Session vs arrangement view - examples of when to flip between them.  I can see starting off in session view and then switching to arrangement view is good way to go, but are you able to show examples of switching back to session view to work out some variety to the arrangement
- Using Audio / Midi to tweak drum loops - pros and cons of each

Not necessarily Ableton:
- How to get Snare and Kick to work with each other (specifically when they play simultaneously)
- Tips for keeping interest using minimal sound design and using automation to keep interest - where to use Automation to get maximum impact with minimum effort
- Tips on moving drums off the grid (how much variety would you use vs consistency across a track)

Thanks in advance. 

admin
admin
@ptmembership
one month ago
405 posts

Great suggestions Simon thanks. Leave it with us...

Tags

Dislike 0