Bass Tuning Bonus Tutorials

admin
admin
@ptmembership
8 months ago
434 posts

As mentioned on last week's stream, this week you've got a couple of bass tuning tutorials for extra, exclusive learning joyful-2

The first part looks at music theory basics, so is more suited to beginners or people with less of an understanding of major and minor keys. The second part then gets more advanced and goes into the harmonic series and understanding why some bass patches end up with major intervals in them, as well as how to avoid or fix this when required.

Enjoy! 

VIEW PART 1

VIEW PART 2

SamuelClouston
SamuelClouston
@samuelclouston
8 months ago
260 posts

Phwoar, this really is a topic I've never really touched on. Quite alien to me but super useful from the sounds of it. I'm sure this will solve my bass mixing nightmare that has been going on for about 10 years now!

admin
admin
@ptmembership
8 months ago
434 posts

Yes, it's a surprisingly common but not very often talked about issue! I had a great reply from one of our members asking about whether it's possible to remove harmonics from Wavetables in Serum and I'm still investigating this to find out whether it's possible - it seems like it's not due to the slightly limited processing options being based around basic filtering rather than specific harmonic removal. We'll keep looking into that though.....

Also, @seppa may know more about this?

SamuelClouston
SamuelClouston
@samuelclouston
8 months ago
260 posts

I'd definitely be interested to hear Seppa's take... hehe. 

Tags

Dislike 0