Adam Goodlet - Psychedelic Sound Design Live Stream - 02.11.2021

AdamGoodlet
AdamGoodlet
@adamgoodlet
3 years ago
4 posts
Hi Everyone!

Super excited to be running the live stream 02.11.2021 - Would love to know if there are any particular questions / techniques / tools that you'd like covered in the stream - I'll do my best to answer anything :D

If there are any sounds you've heard in my music, anything that has inspired you from the psychedelic music world, let me know!

See you on the stream :D

Adam

updated by @adamgoodlet: 12/27/21 06:25:36PM
tuto
@tuto
3 years ago
27 posts
Hello! can't wait for the livestream! I have many questions but I'm sure they will be answered in the stream , so I'd appreciate if you could also cover these more general questions;
-Any special mixing tips for psy sounds ?
-Do you have a "must-have" plugin for psychedelic sound design ?Or any that you would recommend?
-When learning producing, what is more important "quality" or "quantity"?

Thanks in advance !
admin
admin
@ptmembership
3 years ago
405 posts
Great questions Tu!

Also, on another note, your remix was excellent btw. Only just missed out on the shortlist. Really nice work.

Looking forward to tonight's stream..... :) :)
deltadio
@deltadio
3 years ago
55 posts
The synthie/melodic/fx bits etc. I can see as something you should indeed put your artistry and musical vision into, but the Psy kick seems as staple as staple gets, couldn't we just use them from a pack (or a Kick 2 preset) and do a little tweaking on them? Esp. with Loopcloud now being our trusted loop dealer...
AdamGoodlet
AdamGoodlet
@adamgoodlet
3 years ago
4 posts
It's actually super important to generate the psy kick - I didn't have a chance to go into details, but getting the phase alignment between the kick and the bass is pretty essential for creating a solid, professional low end - This video does a fantastic job of explaining it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjB2gNsXcyQ

:D
deltadio
@deltadio
3 years ago
55 posts
Thx Adam, that's a good resource, not nearly as daunting a process as I feared. Got me the $25 version of Vital too, quite a different beast, most of the presets are well outside the bread & butter genre, they are kinda ... crazy... which is fun. Obviously quickly added Polyverse Infected Mushroom "Wider" and URSA DSP "Lagrange" to my DAW, good tips.

Trying to suss out how 'relevant' (or call it ‘vibrant’) Psytrance is as a commercial musical genre, but for instance viberate.com doesn't have analytics for this genre yet (it does know "Snow Crystal" by Babalos is the most streamed Psytrance track last month which is perhaps revealing enough). I get that this genre is supposedly antithetical to commercial endeavours but I reckon that’s mainly a romantic façade with the usual music business workings running inside like in all other genres.
AdamGoodlet
AdamGoodlet
@adamgoodlet
3 years ago
4 posts
The relevance question is a good one! From a commercial standpoint, there are a few places, [Mexico, Australia, Portugal for example] that have an amazing festival scene... And getting onto the gig circuit can create a fairly sustainable career - Within the psytrance side of it, I feel there's currently a bit of stagnancy with the sound, people are hitting a certain formula and not really deviating from it, which is ironic as it was originally about pushing the music to the far edges.... But that said, the psy sub-genres are getting really exciting - PsyBass is starting to gain traction globally - Certainly less commercial, and more community driven, but I'm excited for the future of the scene for sure!
tuto
@tuto
3 years ago
27 posts
[quote="admin"]
Great questions Tu!

Also, on another note, your remix was excellent btw. Only just missed out on the shortlist. Really nice work.

Looking forward to tonight's stream..... :) :)
[/quote]

Thank you! Means a lot. -can't stress this enough, I learnt everything from producertech tutors. :)
--

And @adamgoodlet sir, it was an amazing and inspiring livestream. Thanks millions for everything and for the answers to the questions, also glad to have you here on the forum!

Tags

Dislike 0