House tune

SamuelClouston
SamuelClouston
@samuelclouston
3 months ago
260 posts

Helllooo

Not sure if i've posted this already but made this tune a while back, I'm looking to revisit it. Any feedback?

https://on.soundcloud.com/xqDwhkk1H7s6jxBT9

The hi hats definitely too loud!

Petter
Petter
@petter
3 months ago
74 posts

Hi Sam!

It's always a bit daunting offering advice being a novice as myself, so you know, I can only provide my feedback from my limitations of experience and eartraining :)

I really like the kind of ambient lounge style first part of the song (up to about 1:20), then I kind of feel it changes ‘personality’ in a way, the piano takes over and it becomes a bit harder and more repetitive.

I think you can have a real groovy tune here working around that first part, and structure it out for intro, verse and bridge - then use a bit of the latter part as a drop perhaps (there are some nice jazzy chord changes in there).

Apart from the clanger hat, may I suggest looking at that piano as well - not really sure what it is, but something about it is jarring me a bit … Maybe it’s the patch, or it’s a little loud - not sure … you might think about only using the rapid chord stabs for a drop, and use it more subtly in the rest, like a sustained hit once in a bar like … 

Me being me, I’d also love some more subtle pads throughout to support those ambient vocals :)

Anyways, my 2 cents ...

SamuelClouston
SamuelClouston
@samuelclouston
3 months ago
260 posts

Hey Petter

Your advice is always welcome, and is very useful - your feedback is very good actually. You're particularly right about the piano being too repetitive - changing it to a once in a while stab with nice big delay or reverb would change it up quite nicely I think. I also agree that the piano itself sounds a bit off - I'm gonna have to go in and fiddle with it.

I actually made this song as a live jam, which you may be able to tell, as it's a bit run of the mill and formulaic. 

Good feedback, gonna go back in and change it when I get a chance....

Tags

Dislike 0