TONIGHT - SIMON SHACKLETON LIVESTREAM - DON'T MISS IT!

admin
admin
@ptmembership
2 weeks ago
405 posts

Don't forget to tune it to Simon's livestream tonight, on making your mixes loud! We're looking forward to this one happy-8 happy-9

Tune in HERE

Petter
Petter
@petter
2 weeks ago
46 posts

Excellent session! Thanks for that, learned a ton!

NigelB
NigelB
@nigel
2 weeks ago
22 posts

Thanks @simonshackleton another great session. You make it look so simple! 

SamuelClouston
SamuelClouston
@samuelclouston
2 weeks ago
219 posts

Thanks Simon! Was a pleasure hearing from a pro like yourself :)

NigelB
NigelB
@nigel
2 weeks ago
22 posts

Hey @simonshackleton I do have a question. Following on from the session and with your take on not needing to bother with the more traditional mixdown method of leaving lots of headroom in mind - I do routinely have a utility plugin right at the start of each device chain that I use to reduce the initial volume of the file or instrument. Is this also no longer necessary when adopting a 'clip to zero' on each track / bus approach? 

Cheers 

Petter
Petter
@petter
2 weeks ago
46 posts

Hi @nigel 
Others might correct me if I'm totally wrong, but I think you'll find gain staging your vst's and samples is good practice. Having them all coming in at a certain level just makes everything easier. Not least easier to control volume levels with faders. Faders are best operated close to unity, since it gives better resolution (db scale is logarithmic so same increment move at the lower end of the fader will yield significantly higher db gain/reduction as at unity). 

Tags

Dislike 0