Instrumental Track

Technic Tone
Technic Tone
@technic-tone
last year
57 posts

Hi all,

I'm currently working on this instrumental composition:

https://community.producertech.com/technic-tone/uploaded_audio/370/strings-n-things

Would love to get some constructive feedback.

Thanks,

Tone

SamuelClouston
SamuelClouston
@samuelclouston
last year
265 posts

Woah! this is super unique and cool. I love that it doesnt really instantly fit into any defined genre too. What sound sources/samples/synths ere you using for the different strings?

admin
admin
@ptmembership
last year
438 posts

I agree. Very original Tone! Unique vibe and atmosphere.

You'd be a great composer of TV themes I reckon.

Technic Tone
Technic Tone
@technic-tone
last year
57 posts

[quote="TamlinSpeaks"]

Woah! this is super unique and cool. I love that it doesnt really instantly fit into any defined genre too. What sound sources/samples/synths ere you using for the different strings?

[/quote]

Thanks. The strings are a mix, partly of Cymatics samples (some of which I've loaded into a sampler so that I could play them melodically on the keyboard) and also the BBC Symphony Orchestra plugin from Spitfire Audio.

Technic Tone
Technic Tone
@technic-tone
last year
57 posts

[quote="admin"]

I agree. Very original Tone! Unique vibe and atmosphere.

You'd be a great composer of TV themes I reckon.

[/quote]

I'm not sure I've reached that level yet, but thanks anyway. Do you think the mix sounds reasonably well balanced?

admin
admin
@ptmembership
last year
438 posts

Yes! It's a quirky track so if the mixing is a bit quirky too it doesn't jump out. When you produce in certain dance music styles, there are more rules you have to follow, as you're being compared to lots of other tracks. Essentially, you're not as free to make choices, or it can be harder to break free from expectations at least, certainly on the mix side of things. Your choices for making the drums lower in the mix for instance and things like the vocal melody louder are your decisions to make. It's quite a shambolic mix and could be cleaner no doubt, but is packed full of character and originality so it doesn't really matter. This could easily be the theme to something! 

Technic Tone
Technic Tone
@technic-tone
last year
57 posts

[quote="admin"]

Yes! It's a quirky track so if the mixing is a bit quirky too it doesn't jump out. When you produce in certain dance music styles, there are more rules you have to follow, as you're being compared to lots of other tracks. Essentially, you're not as free to make choices, or it can be harder to break free from expectations at least, certainly on the mix side of things. Your choices for making the drums lower in the mix for instance and things like the vocal melody louder are your decisions to make. It's quite a shambolic mix and could be cleaner no doubt, but is packed full of character and originality so it doesn't really matter. This could easily be the theme to something! 

[/quote]

Thanks for your feedback.

Tags

Dislike 0