Bitwig Studio

AcdNrg
AcdNrg
@acdnrg
2 years ago
2 posts

Since I started migrating from Ableton Live to Bitwig Studio, it would be very nice to find content that supports this platform :)

admin
admin
@ptmembership
2 years ago
408 posts

Hey! What's the reason for migrating out of interest? We don't have a lot of Bitwig content right now, but there are a few bits here and there. Seppa has done some livestreams with it, like this one: https://community.producertech.com/ptmembership/youtube/244/seppa-member-livestream-thursday-26th-may-2022-1800-bst-remix-techniques

Renegade Seven
Renegade Seven
@renegadeseven
last year
18 posts

Congrats on picking up Bitwig. I just started using Renoise and my first DAW was FL Studio.

Even though tutorials use different DAWs, the concepts can be applied to the DAW you are using. I find this allows you to deep dive and discover new things for your unique workflow. The basic's can be learned from the applications website and select Youtube vids.

Enjoy.

updated by @renegadeseven: 01/02/23 11:01:21PM
AcdNrg
AcdNrg
@acdnrg
last year
2 posts

Apologies for the late reply, I was busy kicking off the New Year :D. HNY by the way ;)

There were a few reasons to go Bitwig.

I ran Live on my main DAW and a laptop. When I needed to add a third machine for DMX lighting control, I would have exceeded the max computer count for a single license. While I had 5 or 6 Lite licenses lying around, those would not solve the issue, as the number of scenes was severely limited. So I had to fork out money anyway and Bitwig was the new kid on the block, so why not give it a try.

Long story short: The Bitwig devs are ex-Ableton, so many things were easy to understand and adapt. At this point Bitwig became an alternative and then I discovered a few more things:

- Eurorack integration: Easy as pie and feels much more native. Granted, Ableton then delivered CV tools by now, but Bitwig is just a few steps ahead.
- The Grid: Basically a modular system within Bitwig. Perfect match with everything Eurorack.
- Modulators: The ability to attach modulators to Bitwig things and plugins

And that´s when I decided to go Bitwig with the new machine, gradually switching over on the other two as well.

Tags

Dislike 0