Future Rave Bonus Tut #1 - Designing a Huge EDM Pad with Vital

admin
admin
@ptmembership
2 months ago
405 posts

Brand new bonus tutorial for members this week. Part 1 of a new series looking at Future Rave. This first part shows how to build a massive pad sound from the ground up with Vital. 

Check it HERE.

The plan is to make a lengthy series that looks at sound design, composition, arranging, mixing and lots more! Look out for part 2 over the coming weeks...

Petter
Petter
@petter
2 months ago
46 posts

Had this for breakfast. Just awesome stuff. Can't wait for the rest of this series ... or obviously I have too of course, and will! :D

NigelB
NigelB
@nigel
2 months ago
22 posts
Thanks Rob. Great synth too!
smillington
@smillington
2 months ago
101 posts

Nice Rob - am looking forwards to the next one

RobJones
RobJones
@robjones
2 months ago
127 posts

I'm glad you guys are digging it. I'm really enjoying it actually! Should be a highly instructive set of tuts! And always fun to be making mainroom-style music happy-8

Petter
Petter
@petter
2 months ago
46 posts

I'm probably a bit of a mainstream guy, so this is great for me!

Just finished the advanced synthesis course this morning, and it was really good. Nice overview of Vital there as mentioned. 

I do wonder though, is Serum 'better' in any way given so many have it - and pay for it? The two seem very similar in use, and can't imagine the sounds you'll get out of either is very different in the end? I understand there are loads more presets for Serum, but in terms of making your own, that won't matter much, would it? I mean even going full Pro on Vital is only $80 compared to $189 for Serum. 

I've been a little (a lot) intimidated by the interfaces of Massive X and Alchemy, but I really like Vital's - it seems very visual and inviting to me.

admin
admin
@ptmembership
2 months ago
405 posts

Vital is very much the synth of the moment, along with Phase Plant I would say. I love both! These days, I would say go for Vital over Serum, although Serum does have a lot of great presets yes. Vital offers a bit more and is really user friendly. They are closely-matched though! 

admin
admin
@ptmembership
2 months ago
405 posts

You didn't have to wait long for the next part of this series btw - Part 2 OUT NOW!

Tags

Dislike 0