I cant open the 2 recent producertech rack downloads, mastering and transitions

Shugzi
Shugzi
@hugzi
2 years ago
11 posts
Hi there im really liking the look of producertechs new abelton racks. Im having trouble copying them into the user library. Abelton says "only audio effects can be placed in this kind of track".
Thanks alot
admin
admin
@ptmembership
2 years ago
405 posts
Hey Shugzi. All those racks are just audio effects racks, which you should be able to copy to your User Library, maybe in the following location.... Presets - Audio Effects - Audio Effects Rack

Have you tried that? Doing so, will then make them appear in the browser when you select User Library in the Places list, and then open those folders (presets, audio effetcs, audio effects rack). You can just stick them in the User Library root folder too though.

If you don't know where your User Library is, you can right-click on it in Ableton's browser and choose 'Show in Finder' or the Windows equivalent, then drag the presets to that location once the window opens.

Once you've got them in your library, and have then selected it in the browser, you can drag the racks out onto any Audio Tracks or MIDI Tracks with instruments on.

Hope this makes sense! Let us know if not...
updated by @ptmembership: 11/07/22 05:01:10PM
admin
admin
@ptmembership
2 years ago
405 posts
Another way is to drag the presets from your Desktop straight onto audio tracks in Ableton and then click on the save switches in the rack to save them into your library automatically. That's probably the quickest way actually!
Shugzi
Shugzi
@hugzi
2 years ago
11 posts
[quote="admin"]
Another way is to drag the presets from your Desktop straight onto audio tracks in Ableton and then click on the save switches in the rack to save them into your library automatically. That's probably the quickest way actually!
[/quote]

Hi admin,
thanks for getting back to me so quickly. So draggin or copying into the user folder or directly onto a audio file doesnt work unfortunately. It just comes up with a no entry sign, as it were. if i double click on the file in my computers downloads abelton starts up and then it can be found in user library presets. But then that cant be used and abelton suggests that its probably broken.. So double clicking gets it in the library but its broken, and its verboten to drag or copy from computers download folder.. Thanks for your efforts!
admin
admin
@ptmembership
2 years ago
405 posts
Are you on the latest version of Live?
admin
admin
@ptmembership
2 years ago
405 posts
Some other members of the team are checking the racks now to see if there are any issues.... sorry you're having trouble still. Anyone else experiencing this?
admin
admin
@ptmembership
2 years ago
405 posts
We just checked all the downloads and it looks like the Mastering Rack had lost the .adg off the end of the file! You can just add that yourself, or redownload, as we just fixed that. Sorry for any confusion!
Connor
Connor
@connor
2 years ago
11 posts
I've been having the same issue on the Mastering Rack with Ableton saying "The preset cannot be loaded. Its probably broken". Had it a while ago but didn't get round to mentioning it, but I've just redownloaded the rack and tried again and I'm getting the same error!

Seems to have to .adg extension in the right place as well
admin
admin
@ptmembership
2 years ago
405 posts
I think that would be an update issue then. Are you on the latest version of Live? I tested it with someone else using the latest version of Live earlier and it worked fine.
Connor
Connor
@connor
2 years ago
11 posts
Ahh, I'm on 11.0.12 and have just read on the Ableton site that the update from 11.0.12 to 11.1 has to be done manually! That would be why I'm behind!
Connor
Connor
@connor
2 years ago
11 posts
Installed the latest version of Ableton and it's working fine.. Thanks for the help!
admin
admin
@ptmembership
2 years ago
405 posts
Excellent
Shugzi
Shugzi
@hugzi
2 years ago
11 posts

[quote="admin"] I think that would be an update issue then. Are you on the latest version of Live? I tested it with someone else using the latest version of Live earlier and it worked fine. [/quote]

Just manually updated to latest live version also and it works for me too. Thank you!

Tags

Dislike 0