New Instruments in Maschine and Kontakt are always way too loud

Sentinel71
Sentinel71
@sentinel71
2 years ago
4 posts
Hello

For some time now I have had the problem that when I load new instruments into the machine, they are much too loud and totally overdriven. I have to turn them down manually every time. This also happens when I load Kontakt instruments onto a new track in Logic. The first time this happened to me was when I did the course "Track Production in Maschine MK3" and loaded the sample for the Main Chord Progression. Before that, everything I loaded into Maschine always seemed balanced.

I don't remember consciously changing anything in the settings. Does anyone here have any idea what I am doing wrong?
RobJones
RobJones
@robjones
2 years ago
127 posts
Whereabouts is the signal overloading? If you can identify where in the chain the level is set differently, e.g. on the instrument, on the soundslot/mixer, on the group, on the master.... etc. then it might make it easier to figure out. It sounds like it's changed a default setting somewhere, although there aren't any changeable default settings on Maschine that I'm aware of (other than going into the preferences and selecting default projects, which wouldn't have happened without you noticing).

Strange that you're getting it in Logic too. Is it only happening with Kontakt in Logic, but all instruments in Maschine? Kontakt does have a menu option for easily/accidentally changing the default preset, so that could explain it in that instance.

In any case, I would trace the gain stage from wherever you notice it clipping, e.g. on a track fader, backwards to the origin of the sound, checking all level controls along the way. If that doesn't seem to help, then it could be a bug potentially. It certainly doesn't sound like normal behaviour to me.
Sentinel71
Sentinel71
@sentinel71
2 years ago
4 posts
Hi Rob

Sorry for the late reply. I found the error in Kontakt at least. It seemed that I accidentally changed the default settings. Still figuring out why all imported sounds in Maschine are too loud at first and need to be adjusted. But maybe I also changed a default setting there by accident.

Thank you,
Uwe

Tags

Dislike 0