Duplicated a MIDI track with instruments, plays fine, but no sound from it when on solo

neoncritter
@neoncritter
3 years ago
24 posts
This I probably something simple to solve, the title says what I've done but it's strange there's no sound when I solo the track. Any thoughts? I've checked the volume is high enough. I noticed also that when I put a plugin on the duplicated track like Echo Boy that there is no effect.

In the screenshot, the top red MIDI track is the original and the bottom is one is the duplicate track.

I wanted to solo it so I could start editing the instruments and applying different effects so I wanted to hear this bit on it's own...

Thanks for any help 🙏

updated by @neoncritter: 09/28/21 07:55:32PM
RobJones
RobJones
@robjones
3 years ago
129 posts
Nothing looks untoward on the screenshot to me. The drum sample decay is quite short - it's just a 46ms fade out - so maybe you set the sample lengths too short? If you want to upload the project here, we can take a look....
neoncritter
@neoncritter
3 years ago
24 posts
Hi Rob - here's a Dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/s/0r61s60u15q2mzm/Absynth%20loop.zip?dl=0

Much appreciated - it's happened before but can't recall how I solved this. I only copied and pasted the loop so there must be something I've missed.

Also is there a way I can turn on notifications in the community to get an email if someone responds?
Cheers 👍
updated by @neoncritter: 09/28/21 07:56:03PM
RobJones
RobJones
@robjones
3 years ago
129 posts
What on earth is going on in that Live project?? It's got to be the weirdest bug I've ever seen. Literally, MIDI on one track (one of the duplicated ones) is triggering the instrument on the original track. I have never seen that before! I would suggest sending it to Ableton. It's an interesting case. The behaviour is definitely not normal though!

Re: Notifications, yes, just click on the Notification button at the top of this thread, or any thread or category on the forum, then you'll be following it (the buttons toggle following on and off). Then, on your profile page in settings, under the Notifications tab, you can choose what kind of notification you get for category following, e.g. a private note on here or an email.

Tags

Dislike 0