Digital Performer & Loopcloud

Jim Westlyn
Jim Westlyn
@jim-westlyn
3 years ago
5 posts
I'm a big fan of both of these software options; I've been using DP for more than five years and just keeps getting better. Loopcloud - and the Drum and Play engines - are the reason I'm interested in what ProducerTech offers. I want to learn all of it.

But DP and LC don't seem to want to play nice together.

As soon as LC gets involved, DP slows way down, crashes more often, and just acts a lot more buggy.

Are there others in the Community that use DP and LC? What's your experience been like?

Thanks for any and all insights.

Jim Westlyn
RobJones
RobJones
@robjones
3 years ago
127 posts
Hey Jim! It's not a DAW I've ever used personally. I've hit up the Loopcloud team to ask about that combination though, see if they're aware of any issues. I've also invited some of them into the community too, so we'll hopefully get some members of the team in here to answer questions and discuss stuff.... watch this space!
Jim Westlyn
Jim Westlyn
@jim-westlyn
3 years ago
5 posts
Thanks, Rob, for the quick response.

The first of this next week I'm going to reach out to the DP community as well; approach the problem from both directions.

By the way... Killer Profile Pic!! (I wish I'd been invited to that party!)
RobJones
RobJones
@robjones
3 years ago
127 posts
Good plan.

Ha, thanks! My wedding at Burning Man. Was a lot of fun. Bit dusty though! ;)
brandenloopmasters
@brandenloopmasters
3 years ago
2 posts
Hey, Jim! We tested Loopcloud 6 with Digital Performer 10, I believe, just before we released Loopcloud 6. Everything seemed to work ok on our end! Could you let us know whether you're using Windows or Mac?
Jim Westlyn
Jim Westlyn
@jim-westlyn
3 years ago
5 posts
[quote="brandenloopmasters"]
Hey, Jim! We tested Loopcloud 6 with Digital Performer 10, I believe, just before we released Loopcloud 6. Everything seemed to work ok on our end! Could you let us know whether you're using Windows or Mac?
[/quote]

Branden:
I'm on Windows 10: When I try to examine the plug-in, either Drum or Play, it fails, although Loopcloud, as a plug-in, passed. When I open DP10, it looks for Drum or Play, and then crashes. There's some other weirdness, too. Thanks!
Jim Westlyn
Jim Westlyn
@jim-westlyn
3 years ago
5 posts
It's been going on for quite a while now; Digital Performer and Loopcloud are still not playing nice together.
Are there other members of this community who use DP? (I can't be the only one!)
Has anyone had any problems like I've described?
MOTU Tech Support has been stumped so far and the tone of the responses I'm getting show that they're pretty tired of dealing with me.
And I'm a pretty nice guy!
Any insights are greatly appreciated
RobJones
RobJones
@robjones
3 years ago
127 posts
Sorry to hear that Jim! Must be annoying. And your system is definitely all up to date? Sounds like you're on recent OS and DAW versions, so you should be, but normally it's some kind of incompatibility somewhere that causes these sorts of issues.

I take it you're on the latest version of Loopcloud as well?
Jim Westlyn
Jim Westlyn
@jim-westlyn
3 years ago
5 posts
I've taken a little longer to respond than I thought I would. I've been dealing with tech support at both MOTU and Loopmaster, both have been bouncing things back and forth, but not making much headway. I've gone through my hard drives and deleted anything I could find that was Loopcloud, re-installed, and still had the error messages. It's a conflict with VST2 or VST3, I get different stories. It's a lot more complicated than I ever guessed it would be.
I've even opted to try out the demo of DP11, but still no luck.
I try to stay hopeful.
RobJones
RobJones
@robjones
3 years ago
127 posts
Oh man! That sucks! I hope it works itself out eventually...

Tags

Dislike 0