Zeta5 - New Track

manixdj
@manixdj
3 weeks ago
40 posts

It's been too long since I finished one, and failed to get the Succession assignment complete, but at last my latest track is done (real life has been hectic!). Hope you enjoy it! Bit more melodic than usual and the BPM is a bit lower than my standard 138, but still the driving vibe I always try and go for. 

https://soundcloud.com/manix_dj/zeta5?si=ca361d7b6de2453898f8719f286468da&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Let me know what you think! 

Petter
Petter
@petter
3 weeks ago
50 posts

Excellent stuff Manix! Very nice and airy, and I absolutely love your synths.

SamuelClouston
SamuelClouston
@samuelclouston
3 weeks ago
228 posts

As per usual, your track is great Manix. I'm always excited to hear what you've been cooking up! I know you've tagged it as melodic techno, and I'd say this is almost blurs into trance, due to the interplay of the kick and bass, which I'm always a big fan of. Lots of huge, emotional euphoric synths and pulsing basslines. Right up my street

SamuelClouston
SamuelClouston
@samuelclouston
3 weeks ago
228 posts

I agree with Petter, what synths do you use?

manixdj
@manixdj
2 weeks ago
40 posts

Hey both, thanks for the positive comments, appreciate it!

@samuelclouston - I always want to try and blur the genre lines a bit. I agree the baseline is very trance based, probably quite Psy in nature, which I like in my tracks but I always want to bring in the uplifting, melodic vibes to really contrast parts of my track from one another. 

On the Synths, the main lead is actually a sample, but the arpeggiated one is from the Hybrid3 and there is also a new synth I have just bought in there, the string type tension sound, which is from Spire. I have not had much chance to play with this yet so I am excited to see what it can bring to my productions. 

I have used Hybrid 3 loads and whilst I like it, I need to learn synthesis a bit more to get the most from it! 

SamuelClouston
SamuelClouston
@samuelclouston
2 weeks ago
228 posts

[quote="manixdj"]

Hey both, thanks for the positive comments, appreciate it!

@samuelclouston - I always want to try and blur the genre lines a bit. I agree the baseline is very trance based, probably quite Psy in nature, which I like in my tracks but I always want to bring in the uplifting, melodic vibes to really contrast parts of my track from one another. 

On the Synths, the main lead is actually a sample, but the arpeggiated one is from the Hybrid3 and there is also a new synth I have just bought in there, the string type tension sound, which is from Spire. I have not had much chance to play with this yet so I am excited to see what it can bring to my productions. 

I have used Hybrid 3 loads and whilst I like it, I need to learn synthesis a bit more to get the most from it! 

[/quote]

I think the mixing of genres and blurring the lines is what creativity is all about. With the internet and categories, I've always come across a lot of genre purists (having been one myself!) and realising over time that melding and experimenting is the way forward - and is how you create fresh music and potentially new genres!

Ahh Hybrid 3 - superrrrr great synth with fantastic controls and a great bank of presets - and I remember it often goes fo only £1 on Plugin Boutique, absolute steal.

Keep up the good work!

manixdj
@manixdj
2 weeks ago
40 posts

[quote="SamuelClouston"]

I think the mixing of genres and blurring the lines is what creativity is all about. With the internet and categories, I've always come across a lot of genre purists (having been one myself!) and realising over time that melding and experimenting is the way forward - and is how you create fresh music and potentially new genres!

Ahh Hybrid 3 - superrrrr great synth with fantastic controls and a great bank of presets - and I remember it often goes fo only £1 on Plugin Boutique, absolute steal.

Keep up the good work!

[/quote]

100% on the genre mixing and blurring! However it is useful for perusing Beatport or Soundcloud to have an idea of where a track sits!

The only reason I have Hybrid3 is because it is always bundled with Akai products and I have x2 APCs and a MPK Mini, so technically have x3 licenses! I like it and have bought some good Trance presets, but wanted something new recently to explore more sounds and so the Spire was rated highly for my styles of Trance and Techno, so am giving it a spin! 

SamuelClouston
SamuelClouston
@samuelclouston
one week ago
228 posts

Yes very true about having a good referencing point, but then going off and doign your own thing. This kind of nuance I think is one of the hardest things about learning music production, and you can only really get it after years of experience and experimenting. So well done :)

Not ever used Spire, but I think I'll take a look now that you've used it...

Tags

Dislike 0